Aliens/Enemies: The Sun
New Characters: McDonnel, Riley, Scannel, Korwin, Ashton, Abi, Erina
Gadgets Used: Welders Helmet, Stasis Chamber
Episode Objective: To prevent the ship from crashing into the sun
- Martha's phone is fixed
- So that it has universal roaming
- So she can call anyone
- A distress signal is picked up
- The Doctor locks on
- They arrive in a room
- Walk through a door
- 3 crew members arrive
- They learn that the ship
- Has 42 minutes until it crashes into the sun
- The crew are in panic
- The ship has gone into lock down
- Meaning there are 20 sealed doors
- Between them and the control room
- Martha and Riley go off
- To crack the computer questions
- And get to the control room
- The others try to fix the engines
- A call from Abi
- Korwin is having some sort of seizure
- They sedate him
- Abi begins examining him
- Korwin begins moving
- He corners Abi
- Opens his eyes
- Vaporises her
- And puts on a welders mask
- Everyone hears Abi's scream
- The Doctor, McDonnell & Scanell
- Go back to the med lab
- Finding burned remains of Abi
- A warning is issued
- Martha phones Mrs Jones
- To ask for help with a question
- More doors are opened
- Erina is killed by Korwin
- Ashton is also possessed
- And goes after Martha & Riley
- They hide in an escape pod
- Ashton tries to override the system
- Riley tries to stop him
- Ashton smashes the console
- Breaking the system
- Disengaging the pod
- And sending Martha & Riley
- Straight towards the sun
- The Doctor arrives
- But is to late
- He says he wont loose her
- And puts on a space suit
- Martha phones her mum
- And gets tearful
- McDonnell freezes Ashton
- The Doctor goes to the outside of the ship
- Pulls a lever
- Which brings the pod back
- He looks into the sun
- And realizes that:
- Its alive
- And in pain
- As McDonnel mined it for fuel
- Scooping out its heart
- He becomes possessed
- But fights it
- Crying to Martha
- That she needs to freeze him
- She begins to
- But Korwin smashes the system
- The Doctor screams in pain
- And tells Martha to vent the fuel
- So the sun will be complete again
- McDonnell stops Korwin
- By sacrificing herself
- Both are sucked outside the ship
- Riley & Scannell reach the control room
- Martha tells them to vent the fuel
- The sun lets them go
- Martha kisses Riley
- Leaves in the TARDIS
- Phones Mrs Jones again
- Arrange dinner
- Mrs Jones hangs up
- A sinister woman mentions Mr Saxon
- Mrs Jones was letting her trace the call
- Loosing the TARDIS
- Elvis or the Beatles?
- Happy Primes!
- Loosing Martha
- Seeing the sun
- Possessed Doctor
- The hug
The Doctor: My ship's in there!
Riley: In the vent chamber?
The Doctor: It's our lifeboat...
Scannell: It's lava.
Riley: The oldest Anchibi security system around. Aye, Captain?
McDonnell: Reliable and simple, just like you. Aye, Riley?
Riley: [sighs] Try and be helpful... get abuse... nice.
The Doctor: Any number that reduces to one when you take the sum of the square of its digits and continue iterating until it yields 1 is a happy number, any number that doesn't, isn't. A happy prime is both happy and prime. NOW TYPE IT IN!
The Doctor: .... and Martha, be careful. There may be something else on board this ship.
Martha: Anytime you want to unnerve me, feel free.
The Doctor: Will do, thanks.
McDonnell: That is brilliant.
The Doctor: [exaggerated] I know!
The Doctor: I'll save you.
Riley: Martha, it's too late.
The Doctor: [muffled] I'll save you.
Martha: I can't hear you!
The Doctor: [inaudible] I'll save you!
Riley: The wonderful world of space travel... The prettier it looks, the more likely it is to kill you.
Scannell: You want to open an airlock, in flight, on a ship spinning into a sun?! No one can survive that.
The Doctor: Oh, just you watch.
Scannell: Doctor, will you listen to me? They're too far away, It's too late.
The Doctor: I'm not gonna lose her.
Martha: Doctor, what are you talking about?
The Doctor: Aaah! That sun is alive, a living organism. They scooped out its heart, used it for cheap fuel and now it's screaming!!
The Doctor: Burn with me. Burn with me, Martha!
Martha: It was nice... not dying with you. I reckon you'll find someone worth believing in.
Riley: I think I already did.
Martha: Well done... Very hot.