Aliens/Enemies: The Futurekind, The Master
New Characters: Jack Harkness, Professor Yana, Chan-tho
Gadgets Used: Sonic Screwdriver, The TARDIS
Episode Objective: To help the surviving race of humans get to Utopia
- The Doctor & Martha in Cardiff
- Refueling the TARDIS
- Jack runs towards them
- Yelling for The Doctor
- The Doctor sees him
- But tries to leave
- Jack grabs onto the ship
- Making it spin out of control
- And hurtle to the year 100 Trillion
- A.k.a The end of the universe
- The Doctor says they should go
- Then runs outside
- They find a dead Jack
- Who comes back to life
- Jack & The Doctor say hi
- Its a little awkward
- Jack tells Martha how he was left
- But had a vortex manipulator
- So jumped in time back to Earth
- They see a man running
- Being chased by Futurekind
- They realize it's a hunt
- And rush to help the man
- He tells them to get to the Silo
- They all run, and are chased
- But make it inside
- They discover refugees
- Who are waiting
- To be taken to 'Utopia'
- They also find a rocket
- Which is incomplete
- Professor Yana & Chan-tho
- Are working on the rocket
- When they hear about a doctor
- Yana rushes to find him
- Jack flirts with Chan-tho
- Martha finds the Doctor's hand
- Yana hears drums in his head
- The Doctor helps with the rocket
- Solving the problems with its drive system
- By bringing in the TARDIS
- They need to enter a radioactive room
- And only Jack can do it
- He goes in
- The Doctor stays outside
- They talk about Jacks inability to die
- How The Doctor feels uneasy around him
- Which is why he left him on Satellite 5
- Martha notices Yana acting strange
- He hears drums
- And words echoing in his head
- Like 'TARDIS' and 'regeneration'
- He shows her his watch
- Martha is shocked
- It is a fob watch
- Exactly like the Doctor's
- She asks if Yana has ever opened it
- Then goes to find The Doctor
- Jack exits the radiation room
- Martha talks to The Doctor
- He is terrified at the idea
- Of another Time Lord
- Yana opens the watch
- The rocket takes off
- Taking the refugees away
- The Futurekind break into the Silo
- Jack, Martha & The Doctor run
- Trying to get to Yana
- Chan-tho asks Yana what he's doing
- And tries to stop him with a gun
- Yana reveals himself as The Master
- Electrocutes Chan-tho
- Takes The Doctor's hand
- And unlocks the TARDIS
- The Doctor arrives
- Chan-tho shoots The Master
- Then dies herself
- The Master stumbles into the TARDIS
- The Doctor tries to get in
- But is locked out
- The Master regenerates
- And taunts The Doctor
- Who knows who he is
- But not what he looks like
- The TARDIS disappears
- Jack & Martha hold the doors
- But the Futurekind are breaking in
- Meeting Jack
- To the Silo!
- Little Creet
- The Doctor's hand
- Meaningful conversation
- You are not alone
Favorite Quotes - So many!
Martha: So, what's out there?
The Doctor: I don't know.
Martha: Ha, say that again, that's rare.
Captain Jack: Nice to meet you, Martha Jones.
The Doctor: Oh, don't start!
Captain Jack: [to a refugee] Captain Jack Harkness. And who are you?
The Doctor: Stop it.
Captain Jack: He’s not the only one who can time travel–
The Doctor: Excuse me, that’s not time travel. It’s like, I’ve got a sports car, you’ve got a Space Hopper!
Martha: Is that what happens though, seriously? You just get bored of us one day and disappear?
Captain Jack: Not if you're blonde.
Martha: Oh, she was blonde! Oh, what a surprise!
The Doctor: You two, we're at the end of the universe. Okay?! Right at the edge of knowledge itself! And you're busy... blogging!
Professor Yana: Uh.. The Doctor?
The Doctor: That's me.
Professor Yana: Oh, good, good! Good! [he leads him away] Good! Good! Good, good, good, good, good, good! Goood!!
The Doctor: [glancing back] It's good apparently...
The Professor: Oh, every human being's heard of Utopia. Where have you been?
The Doctor: Bit of a hermit.
The Professor: [skeptically] A hermit... with uh, friends?
The Doctor: Hermits United. We meet up every ten years and swap stories about caves. It's good fun. For a hermit.
Professor Yana: But how did you do that?!
The Doctor: Oh, we've been chatting away I forgot to tell you... [grins] I'm brilliant!
The Doctor: Whoa, what are you taking your clothes off for?
Captain Jack: I'm goin' in!
The Doctor: By the looks of it, I'd say the Stet radiation doesn't affect clothes, only flesh.
Captain Jack: Well, I'll look good though.
Martha: The Doctor sort of travels through time and space and picks us up. God, I make us sound like stray dogs. Maybe we are.
The Doctor: You might be out there somewhere.
Captain Jack: I could go meet myself.
The Doctor: Well, its the only man you're ever going to be happy with.
Captain Jack: This new regeneration... it's kinda cheeky.
The Doctor: I'm begging you, everything's changed! It's only the two of us, we're the only ones left! Just let me in!
The Master: Killed by an insect. A girl. How inappropriate. Still! If the Doctor can be young, and strong, then so can I. The Master... reborn!
The Master: Now then, Doctor! Ooh, new voice! [low] Hello, [high] hello, [low] hello... Anyway. Why don't we stop and have a nice little chat while I tell you all my plans and you can work out a way to stop me, I don't think!
The Doctor: I'm asking you really, properly, just stop! Just think!
The Master: Use my name.
The Doctor: Master... I'm sorry.
The Master: Tough!
The Master: End of the universe! Have fun! Bye bye!