Aliens/Enemies: The Werewolf
New Characters: Queen Victoria, Sir Robert
Gadgets Used: Psychic Paper, the diamond, the telescope
Episode Objective: To accompany Queen Victoria, and to escape from the wolf
- Some monks arrive at the Toorchwood estate
- It's owned by Sir Robert
- They Kung Fu everyone
- And take control of the house
- The Doctor and Rose arrive
- They bump into Queen Victoria
- And go with her to Torchwood estate
- A small leather box is locked in a safe
- They are shown Sir Robert's late father's telescope
- Which is 'a bit rubbish'
- Sir Robert is afraid for his wife
- She's chained in the cellar
- With the household staff
- And a man in a cage
- But Sir Robert tells no one
- The Doctor listens to a tale of a werewolf
- Rose finds a maid
- She tells Rose what has happened
- They are captured and placed in the cellar
- Rose talks to the caged man
- She recognizes him as not human
- And offerers to help him get home
- The man says he has everything he wants on Earth
- Sir Robert tells about the werewolf
- And how his father believed the stories were true
- The monks begin chanting
- The Doctor realizes what is going on
- And demands to know where Rose is
- The cellar doors are flung open
- The man is bathed in moonlight
- He begins to transform
- Rose tells everyone to pull the chains
- The Doctor appears
- And everyone gets out
- Queen Victoria shots the head monk
- Then goes to the safe
- And retrieves the leather box.
- The werewolf roams the estate killing everyone
- Although it appears to be allergic to mistletoe
- And wont attack those who are near it...
- The Doctor, Rose, Queen Victoria and Sir Robert
- Find themselves trapped in the Library
- The wolf will not enter
- Due to oil of mistletoe on the walls.
- The Doctor reckons that:
- The wolf wants to bite Queen Victoria
- And rule an empire
- The Queen states she would rather die
- But asks that a hiding place is given
- For the leather box
- Which contains the Koh-i-Noor diamond
- The Doctor has a brainwave
- What if the estate was a trap for the wolf?
- They escape out of the Library
- Sir Robert sacrifices himself to give the others more time
- The Doctor and Rose turn the telescope
- Until it is pointing straight at the moon.
- The werewolf enters
- Moonlight streams down the inside of the telescope
- The Doctor uses the diamond to redirect the moonlight
- So it hits to wolf
- Who is destroyed
- Queen Victoria knights both The Doctor and Rose
- Before banishing them from Scotland.
- The Doctor talks about Queen Victoria
- He reckons she might have been bitten
- As she did have a disease of the blood
- The random marital arts
- The Doctor in Scotland
- The bet to make Queen Victoria say 'We are not amused'
- Any time the wolf is on screen
- Trapped in the Library
The Doctor: I like my thumb. I need my thumb. I'm very attached to... my thumb.
The Doctor: Are we in Scotland?
Captain Reynolds: How can you be ignorant of that?
The Doctor: Oh, I'm-I'm dazed and confused. I've been chasing this wee naked child over hill and over dale. Ain't that right, ya... tim'rous beastie?
Rose: Uh-uh... [adopting a terrible Scottish accent] och aye, I've been oot and aboot--
The Doctor: [quietly to Rose] No, don't do that.
Rose: Hoots, mon!
The Doctor: No, really don't. Really.
Rose: She was just sitting there...
The Doctor: Like a stamp.
Rose: I want her to say 'We are not amused'. I bet you five quid I can make her say it.
The Doctor: Well, if I gambled on that, it would be an abuse of my privilege as a traveller in time.
Rose: Ten quid?
The Doctor: Done.
Sir Robert: [to Queen Victoria] I'm sorry Mam, it's all my fault. I should have sent you away. I tried to suggest that something was wrong... I though you might notice. Did you think there was nothing strange about my household staff?
The Doctor: Well, they were bald, athletic.. your wife's away, I just thought you were happy...
Rose: What do we do?
The Doctor: We - run.
Rose: What, is that it?
The Doctor: Got any silver bullets?
Rose: Not on me, no.
The Doctor: There you are then, we run. [to Queen Victoria] Your Majesty, as a doctor, I suggest a vigorous jog; good for the health!
The Doctor: But the funny thing is, Queen Victoria actually did suffer a mutation of the blood. It's historical record; she was a haemophiliac - they used to call it the Royal disease. But it's always been a mystery because she didn't inherit it; her mum didn't have it, her dad didn't have it - it came from nowhere.
Rose: And what, you're saying that's a wolf bite?
The Doctor: Well.... maybe haemophilia is just a Victorian euphemism.
Rose: For werewolf?
The Doctor: Could be.
Rose: Queen Victoria's a werewolf.
The Doctor: Could be. And, her children had the Royal disease. Maybe she gave them a quick nip.
Rose: So the royal family are werewolves?
The Doctor: Well, maybe not yet, a single wolf cell would take.... a hundred years to mature? Might be ready by early 21st century?
Rose: Nah, that's just ridiculous. Mind you, Princess Anne-
The Doctor: I'll say no more.
Rose: [giggling] And if you think about it, they're very private. They plan everything in advance. They could schedule themselves round the moon, and we'd never know! [she and the Doctor enter the TARDIS] They like hunting! They love blood sport! [as the TARDIS dematerialises] Oh my god, they're werewolves! [the Doctor and Rose make howling noises]