Aliens/Enemies: The Weeping Angles
New Characters: Sally Sparrow, Larry, Billy, Kathy
Gadgets Used: 'Timey-Wimey' detector, DVD's
Episode Objective: To escape the Weeping Angels and save The Doctor
- Sally Sparrow sneaks into a derelict house
- Wanting to take pictures
- She sees writing under the wallpaper
- And peels it back to have a look
- 'Beware the Weeping Angles'
- 'Sally Sparrow'
- 'Love from The Doctor'
- Sally goes to Kathy's house
- They go back to the house
- Sally sees a Angel statue
- With a key in its hand
- She takes the key
- A man appears at the door
- Saying he was told she would be there
- And giving her a letter
- Kathy was waiting in the other room
- The Weeping Angel approaches
- Kathy is touched
- And arrives in a field
- Back in time in Hull
- The man talks to Sally
- And tells her he is Kathy's grandson
- Sally is confused
- She reads the letter
- Which is from Kathy
- Telling her she's happy
- And to let her brother know whats happened
- Sally goes to a video shop
- Where Kathy's brother, Larry, works
- On a T.V
- Is The Doctor
- Larry talks about 7 DVD's
- That all have The Doctor on them
- Hidden as an easter egg
- And having one half of a conversation
- Sally tells Larry that Kathy has gone away
- She then goes to the police
- The Weeping Angels stalk her
- She talks to a cop, Billy
- He flirts and asks her out
- She gives him her mobile number
- Billy is touched by an Angel
- Wakes up in 1969
- And meets The Doctor & Martha
- They are trapped
- And ask for his help
- Just after Billy disappeared
- Sally gets a call from him
- She meets him in a hospital
- Where he is a old man
- He tells her what happened
- And how he made the DVD's
- Sally realizes that the 7 DVD's
- Have one thing in common
- They are the only DVD's she owns
- Her and Larry go back to the house
- And play a DVD
- The Doctor begins talking
- Larry is shocked when Sally talks back
- And their conversation makes sense
- He writes down what they're saying
- The Doctor says he's been trapped
- They need to find the blue box
- It will save them
- Beware of the Angels
- They can't move if you look at them
- So DON'T blink
- Sally and Larry look up
- An Angel is right in front of them
- Larry stares at it
- Sally tries to open the door
- But they are trapped
- They go to the celler
- And try to get into the TARDIS
- The Angels turn off the lights
- And begin advancing
- Sally & Larry make it into the TARDIS
- The Angels begin shaking it
- Larry slots the DVD into the console
- The TARDIS disappears
- Leaving Larry & Sally behind
- The Angles had surrounded the ship
- Because is disappears
- They are all looking at each other
- And are trapped in their rock state
- Sally creates a folder
- Of everything that happened
- As she's trying to understand
- How The Doctor knew the conversation
- She sees The Doctor and Martha outside
- He doesn't know her
- As he hasn't been trapped yet
- Sally gives him the folder
- It all makes sense!
- Message on the wall
- Meeting Larry
- The DVD conversation
- Blinking in the police station
- In 1969
- Attack of the Angels
- Re-meeting The Doctor
Cathy: What are you doing? It could be a burglar!
Sally: A burglar who rings the doorbell?
The Doctor: People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly... timey-wimey... stuff.
Sally: Started well, that sentence.
The Doctor: It got away from me, yeah.
Sally: OK that was weird, you're talking like you can hear me.
The Doctor: Well, I can hear you.
Billy: Where am I?
The Doctor: 1969. Not bad as it goes: you've got the moon landing to look forward to.
Martha: Oh, the moon landing's brilliant! We went four times. Back when we had transport.
The Doctor: Working on it.
The Doctor: Fascinating race, the Weeping Angels. The only psychopaths in the universe to kill you nicely. No mess, no fuss, they just zap you into the past and let you live to death. The rest of your life used up and blown away in the blink of an eye. You die in the past and in the present they consume the energy of all the days you might have had; all your stolen moments. They're creatures of the abstract and live off potential energy.
Billy: What in God's name are you going on about?
Martha: Trust me, just nod when he stops for breath.
The Doctor: I tracked you down with this. This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff. Also it can boil an egg at thirty paces... Whether you want it to or not, actually, so I've learned to stay away from hens; it's not pretty when they blow...
The Doctor: They have it don't they? The Angels have the phone box.
Larry: "The Angels have the phone box". That's my favorite that is, I've got that written on a t-shirt.
The Doctor: Sorry, I've got a complex life. Things sometimes don't happen to me in the right order. Especially weddings. I'm awful with weddings. Especially my own.