Aliens/Enemies: The Wire, Mr Magpie
New Characters: Eddie, Tommy, Rita
Gadgets Used: Psychic paper, Sonic Screwdriver, portable T.V set, makeshift video recorder
Episode Objective: To discover what is taking peoples faces and stop it.
- Mr Magpie owns a Television shop
- A female T.V presenter begins speaking to him
- Tendrils of pink energy latch onto his head
- Magpie begins to scream...
- Rose steps out the TARDIS
- Followed by The Doctor on a scooter
- They believe they are in New York
- They learn they're in London just before the Queens coronation
- Rose notes it's unusual to see so many television ariels at this time
- They hear a cry for help
- And see two men usher someone into a car
- Who is hidden beneath a blanket
- Tommy comes onto the street
- He says this is happening all over the place
- People are turning into monsters...
- The Doctor and Rose ride after the car
- But the car drives into a hidden warehouse.
- The two barge in to Eddies house
- Using the Doctor's psychic paper
- And ask some questions...
- Rita begins to sob and Rose comforts her
- Eddie becomes suspicious of the two
- He yells that this is his house
- The Doctor interrupts, demanding to know what is going on.
- They hear tapping from a room above
- Tommy takes them to his Grandma's room
- Her face is gone
- The Doctor scans her with his sonic screwdriver
- And finds barely any neural activity left...
- The police burst into the house
- The Doctor tries to fast-talk them
- One of them punches him out
- They take Grandma away...
- The Doctor wakes up and follows the police
- He sneaks into their warehouse
- And finds a cage full of faceless people
- The police catch him
- But he persuades them to help him...
- Rose sees the pink energy coming off Eddie's T.V
- She notices the name of Magpie on the back
- And goes to find his shop...
- Rose says to Magpie that something is up
- The female T.V presenter appears on the T.V
- She introduces herself as The Wire
- And then feeds off Rose...
- Inspector Bishop and The Doctor return to Eddies house
- And ask for information
- Eddie tells them to get lost
- Rita kicks Eddie out of the house...
- The Doctor links the T.V's and the strange happenings
- He, Tommy and Inspector Bishop go to Magpie's shop...
- The Wire appears
- And tries to take all of their faces
- Magpie takes away the Wire on a portable T.V
- The Doctor and Tommy survive due to the sonic screwdriver....
- The Doctor works out what the Wire is planning:
- To use to coronation
- When thousands of people will be watching T.V
- In order to feed...
- He grabs some equipment
- Creates a devise
- And rushes to the television transmitter...
- Tommy remains in the control room
- With instructions to leave the new devise on
- The Doctor climes up the transmitter
- The Wire attempts to stop him
- And kills Magpie in the process
- The Doctor plugs in a copper wire into the portable T.V
- And traps the Wire inside a homemade video
- The Doctor and Rose are reunited...
- On the Scooter
- The bit about the union flag
- 'I'm not listening!'
- The reverse psychology with the police
- Up the T.V transmitter
Rose: Monsters, that boy said. Maybe we should go and ask the neighbours.
The Doctor: That's what I like about you. The domestic approach.
Rose: Thank you. [beat] Hold on. Was that an insult?
Eddie Connolly: We'll have Union Jacks left, right, and center.
Rose: Excuse me, Mr. Connolly, hold on a minute. Union Jack?
Eddie Connolly: Yes, that's right, isn't it?
Rose: That's the Union Flag. It's the Union Jack only when it's flown at sea.
The Doctor: [Quietly to Rose] Union Flag?
Rose: Mum went out with a sailor.
The Doctor: Oho, I bet she did.
Eddie Connolly: I am talking!
The Doctor: AND I'M NOT LISTENING!
Detective-Inspector Bishop: Okay, Doctor, tell me everything you know.
Doctor: Well, for starters, I know you can't wrap your hands around your elbows and make your fingers meet.
Detective-Inspector Bishop: Don't get clever with me!
Police Officer: Wait, where do you think you're... [sees psychic paper] Oh, very sorry sir. Shouldn't you be at the coronation?
The Doctor: They're saving me a seat.
Tommy Connolly: Who did he think you were?
The Doctor: [looks at the psychic paper] The King of Belgium, apparently.
Rose: That thing, is it trapped for good on video?
The Doctor: That's right. But just to be on the safe side though, I'll use my unrivalled knowledge of trans-temporal extrapolation methods to neutralize the residual electronic pattern.
Rose: You'll what?
The Doctor: I'm gonna tape over it.
The Doctor: Oh, I hate transmitters. I fell off once once.
[This is a deleted line and relates to the dead of the fouth Doctor, who died after falling of a transmitter in the episode 'Logopolis']