Aliens/Enemies: Lady Cassandra, Spider-robots
New Characters: Jabe, The Blue Steward, The Face of Boe
Gadgets used: Psychic Paper
Episode Objective: To witness the end of the world, save Rose, raise Platform One's shields, and find out who is behind the attempted massacre.
- The Doctor takes Rose to the end of Earth.
- They appear on Platform One
- The Doctor gets them in using the Psychic Paper...
- Rich aliens arrive
- Including Jabe, a tree
- And Lady Cassandra
- Shes the 'last human'
- She gives everyone little metal orbs...
- It's too much for Rose
- She leaves the room...
- The metal orbs turn out to be spider-robots
- They scuttle into the ships ventilation
- And ruthlessly kill The Steward...
- The Doctor finds Rose
- Rose demands to know who he really is
- He avoids telling her...
- The Doctor fixes Rose's phone
- She calls her mum
- They discover that the Steward has been murdered...
- The Doctor questions Jabe
- They go to find the engine room...
- Rose stays behind to talk to Lady Cassandra
- They argue and Rose stalks off in a huff
- She is knocked out and trapped in a room...
- The sun-glass protecting her room from the sun begins to lower
- This causes blisteringly hot light to cipher into the room...
- The Doctor manages to override the controls
- Stopping Rose from being fried
- Yet he is unable to free her from the room...
- The Doctor and Jabe rush to the engine room again
- All the sun-glass begins to lower all over the ship
- Jabe sacrifices herself to try and help
- The Doctor fixes the main controls...
- The Doctor unmasks Lady Cassandra as the culprit
- She teleports away
- The Doctor brings her back
- She explodes due to lack of moisterisation....
- The Doctor explains how he is the only Time Lord
- Asks Rose if she still wants to travel with him
- Rose replies that she wants chips
- So they go and have chips...
- Meeting the aliens on board Platform One.
- The conversation between The Doctor and Rose about who he is.
- The bit with the giant fans.
- Lady Cassandra's death.
Announcement: Guests are reminded that Platform One strictly prohibits the use of weapons, teleportation and religion.
The Doctor: This is the year 5.5/apple/26... five billion years in your future, and this is the day, hold on... This is the day the sun expands. [Grins] Welcome to the end of the world..
The Doctor: The great and the good are gathering to watch the planet burn.
Rose: What for?
The Doctor: Fun. Mind you, when I said "the great and the good," what I mean is the rich.
Rose: They're just so... alien [The Doctor looks at her blankly] The aliens... are so alien. You look at them... and they're alien.
The Doctor: Good thing I didn't take you to the Deep South.
The Doctor: Where's the engine room?
Jabe: I don't know. But the maintenance duct is just behind our guest suite, I could show you...? [She glances at Rose] and your wife.
The Doctor: She's not my wife.
The Doctor: Nope.
The Doctor: Nope.
The Doctor: The door's jammed.. stay there!
Rose: Where am I going to go, Ipswich?
The Doctor: Everything has its time and everything dies.
The Doctor: I'm a Time Lord. I'm the last of the Time Lords. They're all gone. I'm the only survivor. I'm left traveling on my own, 'cause there's no one else.
Rose: There's me.